How to Automate Mining Asteroids in EVE Online

Hello @Stargazer, welcome.

Wich script you use?
The beginners one is simply run from rats, but mine.ore launch the drones and fight with rats.

1 Like

I would assume that it’s the beginner version

well, when in your overview are rats, he simply change the belt:

bool	ShouldSwitchMiningSite =>
	!(Measurement?.IsDocked ?? false) &&
	0 < ListRatOverviewEntry?.Length &&
!(SwitchMiningSiteHitpointThresholdPercent < ShieldHpPercent) || JammedLastAge < 10;

also when the shield is < than SwitchMiningSiteHitpointThresholdPercent or he was jammed
it doesn’t work for you?
https://github.com/Arcitectus/Sanderling/blob/master/src/Sanderling/Sanderling.Exe/sample/script/beginners-ore-asteroid-miner.cs

it seems that whenever I set the bot up to mine it dies to rats, it’s happened three times now

As far as I see, it only responds to threats which are observable in the following forms:

• Presence of rats
  • Shield hitpoints being below configured threshold.
  • Own ship is jammed

But not to other threats.

can you show a picture like I asked here? Ore hold capacity not used (Null), although it shows up in API Explorer - #4 by kaboonus

one where we can see if your bot see the rats or not

When the bot finishes mining, it doesn’t offload the storage and just gets stuck at a station with 95% cargo in a dock, undock loop. While I think it may be in due part because of my low framerate, is there another issue that I am overlooking?

The inventory window in game is big enough? At the right, The items are in list or it shows in pictures? At the left of window tthe text of ships is entirely visible?

1 Like

Hello, i am new in the game, just hit 8 mil sp and i am using the alpha state program. I am unable to pay for the monthly subscription and i understand that using the bot may lead to pernament ban. I just wanted to ask if this bot will help me deal with rats? Can it make my ship to ward to my station of i get ganked?
Thanks.

you have right on this one.

yes, the bot, could help you deal with rats
This one, GARBAGE-2/only rats + commander loot at garbage-onlyrats-commander-loot · kaboonus/GARBAGE-2 · GitHub
and you have to read this 2 posts, to learn how to use him and setup the ingame
Gift Anomaly Ratting salvAGE Bot with Sanderling - GARBAGE-2 and measuring his efficiency - #64 by kaboonus
Ratting bot: anomaly and/or asteroids with Sanderling

there is no answer to that.
all anomaly scripts are " securing" against ganking through running when reds are appearing in system ( this is most secured way) and runing when a red is appear on your grid. this one is not so secured because some ships target you in 0.5-0.7 sec and disrupt you. there is no bot/script to react at this time values

2 Likes

Is this still a active feed, I have a lot of noob questions.

Welcome @Sapper09!

For best visibility of your questions, best create a new topic per question, and pick the Learn category:

Hello New Player here…

I tried to use the mining bot but it seems that it won’t UNDOCK…
Did I do something wrong?

• the bot wont undock
  • will it work with at least 5 accounts
  • i tried to copy and paste the orca script
  • idk what im doing at all(im a tard)
  • the orca warps to belts but will not launch mining nor combat drones
  • im wasting my credits lol

orca script is not made by Viir;

the original post is here:

so read him to make the changes accordingly.The script was made in specific conditions. and other peoples made their modifications and published their script

since orca bot it was made for a specific person, he will not be updated but you can fix by yourself, .
undocking was changed and the fix you find him here:

i really suck at this, i have no idea what the hell im doing lol

Thanky @Sapper09 for sharing your experience.

Thank you for drawing attention to this problem. I changed the first post in this thread to clarify that the particular bot linked in this guide does not work anymore since the the undock changes in May.
We discovered a solution to the undock problem at BotLab Devlog - #16 by Viir. But applying this solution requires using a text editor to edit the bot code. When I have time to test a bot that works now, I can update this guide accordingly.

Yes, some people use the Sanderling app with more than five accounts at the same time.

Are you using another script than the one linked in this topic? Or is the script linked here supposed to launch mining or combat drones?

If you want to learn more or have a question about these, let me know.

Can someone assist me with these steps, since I have no idea what they mean?

• Enable the info panel ‘System info’. The bot needs this to find asteroid belts and stations.
  • Arrange windows to not occlude ship modules or info panels.
  • In the ship UI, disable “Display Passive Modules” and disable “Display Empty Slots” and enable “Display Module Tooltips”. The bot uses the module tooltips to automatically identify the properties of the modules.

Yes, I think the meaning of these points can be better illustrated with a screenshot. Just open the game client, undock, take a screenshot and link it here. You can upload a screenshot at https://imgur.com/

hello
i tried to start the bot, and did the steps to prepare overview and such, but it did’t work. i feel really really stupid now.

could anyone pls upload a screenshot to show me how the proper overview and the rest for the sanderling should be look like?