Eve bots are not working (warp to null; intel watch)

Hello.

Since a few day I have with the warp-to-null and local watch intel bot starting problems. Normally a system restart solves it. There comes the following error message.

App b24d7d6506… in session ‘b59b45d2ab85ee7554aa’ (‘2021-01-11T21-18-31-a26dfb’) is running. Press SHIFT + CTRL + ALT keys to pause the app. Detailed recording is disabled. Time travel will not work for this session.
run v2020-12-08 failed with exception: System.Exception: Failed to process app event.
—> System.Exception: App reported decode error: Failed to deserialize event: Json.Decode.oneOf failed in the following 5 ways:

(1) Problem with the given value:

{
        "timeInMilliseconds": 0,
        "eventAtTime": {
            "AppSettingsChangedEvent": [
                ""
            ]
        }
    }

Expecting an OBJECT with a field named `ArrivedAtTime`

(2) Problem with the given value:

{
                ""
            ]
        }
    }

Expecting an OBJECT with a field named `SetAppSettings`

(3) Problem with the given value:

{
                ""
            ]
        }
    }

Expecting an OBJECT with a field named `SetBotConfiguration`

(4) Problem with the given value:

{
                ""
            ]
        }
    }

Expecting an OBJECT with a field named `CompletedTask`

(5) Problem with the given value:

{
                ""
            ]
        }
    }

Expecting an OBJECT with a field named `SetSessionTimeLimit`

at BotEngine.Windows.Console.RunAppSession.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.g__processSerializedAppEvent|17(String serializedEvent) in D:\a\dev-of-botengine\dev-of-botengine\implement\client\windows-console\BotEngine.Windows.Console\RunAppSession.cs:line 707
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at BotEngine.Windows.Console.RunAppSession.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.g__processSerializedAppEvent|17(String serializedEvent) in D:\a\dev-of-botengine\dev-of-botengine\implement\client\windows-console\BotEngine.Windows.Console\RunAppSession.cs:line 749
at BotEngine.Windows.Console.RunAppSession.Run(TreeComponent appCodeTree, Func2 getFileFromHashSHA256, String appProcessRecordingDirectory, Action1 logEntry, Action1 addSessionLogEntry, String appSettings, String sessionCustomName, AppSourceStructure appSource, String keyToStartOnlineSession, IEnumerable1 sessionLengthLimits, IImmutableList1 pauseAppKeys, IImmutableList1 statusDisplayAdditionLines, RunSimulation simulation, InterProcessCommunicationState interProcessCommunication) in D:\a\dev-of-botengine\dev-of-botengine\implement\client\windows-console\BotEngine.Windows.Console\RunAppSession.cs:line 815
at BotEngine.Windows.Console.BotEngine.runAppWithOptionsFromCommandLine(String appSourceInputAddress, String appSettings, String pauseAppKeysString, Boolean onlineSession, String keyToStartOnlineSession, String sessionLengthLimitArgumentString, RunSimulation simulation, Nullable`1 detailedSessionRecording) in D:\a\dev-of-botengine\dev-of-botengine\implement\client\windows-console\BotEngine.Windows.Console\Program.cs:line 713

In the display output, I see the problem: App b24d7d6506 is not compatible with the engine version 2020-12-08.
One way to solve this is to use engine version 2020-08-24.

Another solution is to combine App b24d7d6506 with a newer framework like 4283ba4856. Framework 4283ba4856 is compatible with the engine version 2020-12-07 and newer.
I just did that, and the result is App f90773bd18: FrontendWeb.Main

You can fix the problem by downloading the script file from the catalog entry on app f90773bd18.

TBH, I didn’t understand what you mean - I just use the apps - sry. But the new app works and a big thank you for this!

1 Like

@Viir Any chance we can get a modified script to work with the new engine that drops a MTU and bookmarks a Combat Anomaly after its been cleared seems wasteful to leave all that extra isk on the floor when i can just come back later in a ship to mass salvage all my previously cleared sites.

thanks for any input/feedback

@xrizonx where is your script for an earlier engine version? I did not see a link.
The more popular your app is, the more likely I will find some time to help you adapt it to the latest engine version.
You can look at your apps catalog entry to see how much it was used.

Sorry didn’t know i had to include one pretty new to using your Engine/Services.

https://reactor.botengine.org/catalog/8bf9294cc10753cfbfe8dffa71b725beac37ac4302579c87d600150b185acb56

Its the only one i could get to work without errors and it seems to have some issues. Sometimes it seems it wont activate both shield modules upon Anomaly entry and just activates the booster or hardeners sometimes both. Also i have noticed with this version if a other pilot is in the same anom it does not warp to a new one have seen no way to modify it to move to the next anomaly rather.

the config i use is:
botengine.exe run --online-session --session-length-limit=180 --app-settings=“anomaly-name = Drone Patrol, anomaly-name = Drone Herd, anomaly-name = Drone Horde, hide-when-neutral-in-local = yes, rat-to-avoid = Infested Carrier, module-to-activate-always = Multispectrum Shield Hardener II, module-to-activate-always = X-Large C5-L Compact Shield Booster” https://github.com/Viir/bots/blob/a03ce00ee9008dd229ab4322e7a1d7fe4c90c6e9/implement/applications/eve-online/eve-online-combat-anomaly-bot

Any advice would be awesome have no coding skills and started using botengine only recently!

I found this bot that looks like it already has this feature implemented:

https://reactor.botengine.org/catalog/a2fb141bfab23c08bfd9448ea9bf98f7f6a2d390e0fc20ca2c5ea0da569ceadf

Do you see any issues with app a2fb141bfa?

If you are seeing a problem with app a2fb141bfa too, I will look into it.

You don’t need to start a game client to test it. You can replay an earlier session using a simulation. This way, you can run a test in less than five minutes: bots/guide/testing-a-bot-using-simulated-environments.md at main · Viir/bots · GitHub

Alternatively, you could also share a recording of a session where you saw a problem. Then I can run the test for you (Cannot find Asteroid, keep warping · Issue #31 · Viir/bots · GitHub)

Thank you Vir will try the version you linked and give feedback if not will have to do session logging for you.

Thanks for the hard work!