VMWare 15.02

Trying to use Sanderling 2018-12-06 under VMwWare 15.02 with Windows 10 x64 … so slow it is unusable … any suggestions?

Depends on why you wanted to use VMWare, what features you need:

• If you want to isolate filesystem, network adapters, etc. : To get better performance than VMWare, but still a complete virtual system: Windows Sandbox
  • If you only want to isolate mouse and keyboard input, or have separate/multiple desktop(s), Windows Remote Desktop is an option. Windows Remote Desktop does not islolate filesystem or processes or users, so it needs less resources than a complete virtual system.

Paperspace.com is a good alternative, especially because you don’t need any additional resources on your own machine.

Edit 2019-03-30:
Just set up another machine for running EVE Online clients: Azure VM Standard_NV6 worked well in this case. I found the guide at GitHub - ecalder6/azure-gaming: Cloud Gaming Made Easy helpful for getting the setup right. Some mistakes I made first, because I did not read that guide carefully:

With the resources of Standard_NV6, it should be possible to run multiple instances of the EVE Online client in parallel in Hyper-V. Did not test this yet.

I dissagree with that statement. I was using VMWare VM for years and tried to use rdp wrapper. VM cost less resources.