Some features proposal

Hi!

This discussion mainly aims at the creator of this engine.

I’ve writeen a lot of scripts for World of Warcraft and participated in some projects (the biggest is HonorBuddy). So, I’ve got some idea of what botting is. Now I like Eve Online and playing it

I really do like this engine, so I want it to be better. Here I would like to propose some ideas:

• Create a forum category for “user submitted scripts”. Some people will submit their script just to help you, some will submit to get appreciation. Anyways - it’s free way to get more features in your product.
  • Polish your examples and samples. They should work out-of-box. They don’t (if you need examples - PM me)
  • Give us something like a documentation. I know it’s a titanic work to write a good documentation. But you should at least create some tutorials for “ordinary life things”.
  • Create a donation button. It’s easy. And it will give ou some money for free. More than that: it will give donating people feeling of making “something good”. I would easily donate to you, but… can’t.
1 Like

Hi!

This discussion mainly aims at the creator of this engine.

I’ve writeen a lot of scripts for World of Warcraft and participated in some projects (the biggest is HonorBuddy). So, I’ve got some idea of what botting is. Now I like Eve Online and playing it

I really do like this engine, so I want it to be better. Here I would like to propose some ideas:

• Create a forum category for “user submitted scripts”. Some people will submit their script just to help you, some will submit to get appreciation. Anyways - it’s free way to get more features in your product.

• Polish your examples and samples. They should work out-of-box. They don’t (if you need examples - PM me)

• Give us something like a documentation. I know it’s a titanic work to write a good documentation. But you should at least create some tutorials for “ordinary life things”.

• Create a donation button. It’s easy. And it will give ou some money for free. More than that: it will give donating people feeling of making “something good”. I would easily donate to you, but… can’t.

Welcome! Good to have people here with so much experience.

Thank you for taking the time to help improve the botengine, I am going to implement the proposed changes.

I will review the questions asked so far to get an idea about what could be good subjects for tutorials.

I created the “user submitted scripts” subcategory and added a link the new category to the eve online category. I also added a donation button to the eve online category.

Since you mentioned donations, I want to draw attention to https://www.bountysource.com/ which offers a way to support work on specific issues (like for example new features). They make it easy to link bounties for example to github issues.