Problem with eve online mining bot

Got the message, thank you.

In the message I see there is a comma character (used as a decimal separator) in the structure name. That is completely new, so is not supported by the current app code.

So we will need another interface to support these names too.
Some ideas on how to adapt the interface:

• We could replace comma (,) with a full stop (.)
  • Add an additional setting unload-bookmark-name. This one seems to me could be easier for people to copy/type, because they can choose any name they want.
  • In case it appears different/simpler in the context menu, we could also support using the name from the context menu. This I had planned anyway, but I suspect this will not avoid the comma.
1 Like

i’m going to try with a structure that have just letters as name,in that case the docking should work
i’ll report back there

The comma is the only special case I am aware of. This is because app 41c221ca9deca0ed80ef5e69d39d6436b7e69e9eb942e60b9152d36ac64248a3 supports multiple settings and uses the comma to separate the different settings.

But there is no need to start a game client to see this.
When you use that settings string, the engine shows this error message:

Failed to parse these app-settings: Failed to parse assignment '5% Reprocessing'.

So the bot never even starts in that case.

Got it,but can be usefull to test if the structure docking works with a proper structure name

Sure, who knows what other surprises the structures have for us :+1:

Tested and not working
sending you a pm with detailled screens

PM sent

Nice!

That test helped uncover a bug in a function for selecting menu entries.
I fixed this bug now:

You can download your app with the fix from FrontendWeb.Main

Tested and is working well,docking at the selected structure without problems.
If you don’t mind when you have time could you look into a way to use also structure name that have a comma into their name?
And alsways if you want,following the screens,add a way to compress also the ore
like always if you need any kind of help/testing ask me :wink:

1 Like

Grazie mille!

I present to you the latest breakthrough in app-settings for mining bots:

With today’s version, you can omit any comma or period character from the structure name:
https://catalog.botengine.org/7aca6d3fa1f7ed316d3749c00dab2da6fbed57c12a6073ec9d3a5855dd8d0b7f