Multiple Bot Instances -Need Help

Hi there, I would like to preface by saying that I’m a complete noob when it comes to this stuff, so pardon my ignorance. This is related to the combat anomaly bot.

I followed the instructions to get two bot instances running on two separate characters.

However, what I have noticed is that after finally warping to an anomaly, both bots hung on the press ‘W’ to orbit stage and the bots were flipping between screens a lot and mostly not performing any steps. Is there something I am missing here? Due to the missed or incomplete steps, one of the ratting Ishtars was killed by some rat dessies.

Also, I had it happen where the anomaly was allegedly complete (went off overview) but I couldn’t warp away because a scram rat had me tackled.

For the multiple bot instances, is there an “optimized” way to use them? In game settings perhaps? Additional bot settings?

Along the same lines, for the tackle rat, is there a setting to clear all rats before looking for another anomaly?

I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

Welcome, Gene!

Let’s see if we can support your configuration by expanding the training data for your scenarios.
I can look into it when you share the session recording archive for the affected session(s).

If you are not sure how to get the session recording archive, you can follow the guide at bots/how-to-report-an-issue-with-a-bot-or-request-a-new-feature.md at main · Viir/bots · GitHub

That optimization would also depend on the session recordings.

If you find anything that’s not detailed enough, I can expand on that.

I will have to re-create and run the bot with session recording turned on. I didn’t do that previously.

I am now getting the below error if you download today’s bot from the catalogs:

{"ClassName":"System.Exception","Message":"Failed compiling the bot program code: Failed to find the file with the entry point. Seems like the 'Bot.elm' file is missing in this program code file tree.","Data":null,"InnerException":null,"HelpURL":null,"StackTraceString":" at BotLab.Client.RunBotSession.Run(TreeWithStringPath botCodeTree, Func2 getFileFromHashSHA256, String appProcessRecordingDirectory, Action1 logEntry, Action1 addSessionLogEntry, String botSettings, String sessionCustomName, AppSourceStructure botSource, String keyToStartOnlineSession, IEnumerable1 sessionLengthLimits, IImmutableList1 pauseBotKeys, IImmutableList1 statusDisplayAdditionLines, RunSimulation simulation, InterProcessCommunicationState interProcessCommunication, Action2 updateDisplayText) in D:\a\dev-of-botlab\dev-of-botlab\implement\client\BotLab.Client\RunBotSession.cs:line 149\r\n`

The error above doesn’t exist when running an old download of the bot.

I also spotted that constant “Failed to acquire input focus” from both the 1st and 2nd client.

That error message means the script was created for an older bot that is incompatible with the current botlab client.

In this case, the solution is to switch to a newer compatible bot. Here is a link to a combat bot for EVE Online: https://catalog.botlab.org/e025c79ef959d848559d2d7c15e527ea39c720ab6b06763ef1ccf4c08c39f902