Mining Bot Not Docking

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help with this. I am using Mining Bot version 2021-09-23.

I load the Eve client, and while sitting in the local NPC station, I start the Mining Bot. I am monitoring the session using the website and I can see that the bot reports the station I am in. The bot will undock me, warp, deploy drones, mine, and when full pull drones back in to ship.

However, at this point the bot just sits there and the status says it doesn’t know where to dock. I have tried starting for an NPC station and POS, but neither work for docking.

Any clue how I can resolve this without using the option to specify a station?

Maybe the UI element your bot is looking for in that step appears slightly different in your game client. Such an issue is easily fixed by adding more training data.

The simplest way for you would be to upload the complete session recording as exported from the botlab client. This way, you don’t need to open the game client anymore. Just use the session that you already have recorded on your machine.

If you link the session recording archive of your session, I can take a look and adapt the bot to your game client.
To get the archive for your session, see the guide at https://to.botlab.org/guide/how-to-report-an-issue-with-a-bot-or-request-a-new-feature#getting-the-session-recording-archive

Hi guys,
I have been giving this bot a go and I am impressed with its capability. I’m have the same issue where the doesn’t complete all the move for docking and end up in a loop, I would like to fix this. How do I train the bot more?

Welcome @TheRealThor :wave:

Thank you for sharing your experience!
Which way did it take for the docking? If it used the surroundings button, it might be that your game client has a different composition of the menu.
In that particular case, I think the fastest solution is to make the station you selected for docking visible in an overview.
As soon as the station is visible in an overview, newer bots (like ad09c9ace1) will use the overview entry instead of the surroundings button.

You can open multiple overview windows, and have one overview window for the station and another overview window for the asteroids.

Thank you for the welcome,
I will give it ago this afternoon, The bot has been clicking on the circle next to the system name. Just to make sure I understand, open a window like the drone one the bot uses that has structures in it and the bot should use that instead of the normal process.

Thor

Thank you for confirming. Yes, this is the surroundings button, as suspected earlier. In bot ad09c9ace1, that happens when the chosen station (e.g., from bot-settings) is not visible in any of the overview windows)

The kind of window we are looking for to fix the docking has the label ‘Overview’ at the top.

Your setup probably has at least one of them already. Otherwise, the bot could not even target an asteroid.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Overview

I found this video guide showing how to open a second Overview window:

Using the overview window instead of the surroundings button for the docking also has the advantage of being faster: Even the more common structures in the surroundings menu require more clicks to reach the ‘dock’ entry than the menu started on an overview entry.

Why do people use separate overviews for asteroids and the station? Why not have one overview window showing both groups? We see why when we try that setup in a belt with many asteroids: Then the many overview entries can exhaust the available height of the overview viewport. Scrollbars appear, and the station might be outside the scroll viewport.

Some bots scroll through the overview to adapt to these scenarios.

More straightforward is to have a separate overview window that does not show asteroids but the station.

Hi Viir,
I gave the the suggestions a go and even put the station window over the surroundings button and the bot ignored the window. The bot has no issue using the surround button for asteroids but not for stations.

Thor

In that case, yes, we need the training data from your game client.
(The location of the window does not matter. More likely is that your game client renders the contents inside the window in a different way)
The fastest way to adapt the bot to your game client is you sending me the recording of that session.
You can send me an export of that play session to support@botlab.org