Mining Bot - How to configure mining specific asteroids

Hi all,

First of all I would like to thank the owner and author of this code. It is super easy to install, execute, and I am sure there is a way to edit the script as well to insert a command for the ship to search and target specific asteroids.

I am currently still a noob at Python, but this is a great project to learn more about the language.

So here is my wondering:

1. Is there a way that we could edit the script by letting the miner search nearby belts and only target certain asteroids - ie; Rich Plagioclase Asteroids.
  2. In the case that it couldn’t find any, it will mine the next best thing - ie; Azure Plagioclase, etc.

Some insights and guidance are greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

1 Like

Welcome, Emir!

We can use the editor at https://elm-editor.com to customize bot programs.
This editor als assists us with navigating, reading, and testing.
In this editor, we can adjust any aspect of a bot’s behavior, including priorities for asteroids.

1 Like

Thank you. I will have a look at it first thing tmr morning. I will definitely tag you again if I hit any snags. I was thinking since this script is already so useful and smooth, i was thinking to tighten it a little bit more for asteroid priorities and activating modules only when shield is below X number and so on. Thanks for introducing and making this happen. You are the man.

1 Like

That sounds great! Thank you for the kind words. I will be glad to assist if any problems come up.
I also offer live support via Discord (Viir#6305) which is the fastest way to get started, whether it is about running or customizing bots.