Mining Bot Help&Issue

Hi,

I’ve some question, and help if it’s possible, regarding the mining bot.

1 - It’s possible to use Keep at range (like 2000mt) instead of approach?
2 - It’s possible to set the bot to mining only Veldspar?

And I’ve a problem with docking and deploy minerals… when the ore cargo is full bot seems to stop totally.

The selected station is unload-station-name = Penirgman IX - Moon 3 - Ministry of Internal Order

Thanks in advance for feedback and help.

Welcome, Gerald, and thank you for sharing your experience!

Yes, you can use bot 63b5062290 to achieve this:

asteroid-include-pattern = Veldspar

Yes, but it seems we don’t have a recording of a game client offering this option. If you send me a recording of your setup to support@botlab.org, I will adapt the bot to use ‘Keep at range’

That depends which way you want to use to identify the station.
It sounds like you used the ‘Bot Settings’?
The problem, in this case, is that it only works if you enter the name in the same way it appears in the game client.
Here is how you solve it: Dock your ship in the station and then start the bot (or let it continue if you already have an open session)
The bot will then display the station’s name in the status text.
When docked, you see this in the status text from the bot:

I am docked at ‘display name of your station’.

Copy that station name from the status text and use it in the bot settings:

unload-station-name = display name of your station

At the moment, you need to start a new session to change the ‘Bot Settings’

(An alternative to using settings is starting the bot in the station where you want it to unload. The bot remembers the name of the station and returns there if none is mentioned in the bot settings.)

Pro Tip:
To test the unloading as fast as possible, set the threshold for the mining hold to one percent with this setting:

ore-hold-max-percent = 1

This makes the bot go to unload when the mining hold is filled at least one percent. If you don’t specify the threshold, it defaults to 99%.

Hi Micheal,
thanks for your support.

I tried yesterday evening, starting from your indications, several ways, several times.

I believe the “not returning to station” issue may be related to the UI. I would like to try the following test this morning: install EVE and bot using the laptop instead of the main computer. I have a feeling there’s something they don’t like about the ultrawide monitor, I noticed a strange visual “bug” right in the station search menu, with or without bots, and I think that may be the cause.

Regardless of this test, in my opinion, it would be more effective to have it point to the station through the overview, in practice, more or less, as it does for the selection of the asteroid “veldspar”.
This should rule out UI anomalies, weird resolutions, or visuals bugs.

About the keep in range… True, for asteroids there is no keep in range (I swear, in many years I had never noticed :open_mouth: ). Indeed the behavior with the approach is visibly “strange”, you slam and bounce on the asteroid and mine the mineral practically “leaning” on it.
It is very, visually, “anomalous”.
Honestly It would be better, in my opinion, if the ship will “Orbit” at a random distance value presetted from 1500 to 2500 meters (1500; 2000; 2500) I think it can be more “human reason” and the distance will be sufficient to avoid the 90% of bouncing problems on the asteroids around it during orbiting.

Thanks for the tip about ore-hold-max-percent = 1, I loved it. :slight_smile:

What do you think, is possible to try the suggested changes?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi,

tested also on the laptop… same problem with “returning on station”.

:frowning:

Regarding the hugging of asteroids, it’s also a safety issue. Almost lost a miner today, because it couldn’t align due to bouncing on the asteroid.

1 Like

Honestly the mai issue is the “back to station”, basically is the only thing that cause me to not use the bot… and I’m sad…

If the approach described above did not work for you, then the solution is different. The above solution is just the mainstream one most people use. In your case, we need to adapt it to your game client, as we haven’t yet trained the bot on your specific setup.
You just need to export a recording of such a session and send it to support@botlab.org
Any session in which you saw that problem will work.
After opening the session, use the ‘Export session recording archive’ button to export a session recording.
Export session recording archive
When you send me the recording, I do all the rest to adapt it to your setup.

Using the overview to select is a good idea. I will look into that separately. But as long as your client uses the non-mainstream display of the station name, we will need the sample from your game client anyway.

1 Like

What do you think about using an ‘orbit’ maneuver, as suggested by Gerald instead? Would that solve your problem?

Or do you have another idea on how to avoid that issue?

Hi Micheal,

all sent to your mailbox.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for the logs.
In the recording ‘session-recording-2022-12-20T13-09-57’ I see what the problem was.
In your game client, an info window covers the surroundings button. When a window is in front of the button, you cannot click on the button.
You can move the window somewhere else or close it to solve this issue.
The bot is not yet smart enough to rearrange the windows, so it got stuck repeating the action to click on the button:

[...]
+++ I do not see the station in the overview window. I use the menu from the surroundings button. 
++++ Click menu entry 'with text containing first available of 'stations', 'structures''. 
+++++ Open context menu on surroundings button
[...]

Hi Michael,

unfortunately the problem isn’t that, what you saw in today’s log, was a single case, the bot opened the “Show info” and the window was positioned above.

That was a single event that happened today but that’s not the problem.

If you prefer I can create a clip, so you can see what happens.

Thanks

It could potentially work. I messed around with the bot to fix some other issues I had, and managed to do so.
As for the asteroid thing, I can think of one thing, which is equally as big an issue.

1 Like

Hi Gerald,

As far as I understand, ‘session-recording-2022-12-20T13-09-57’ is not representative of the issue.
I see there is recording from another session ‘session-recording-2022-12-20T13-04-19’ in the files you uploaded.
I can look into that then.

I am not familiar with that kind of clip. Does that contain information that is not in the standard recording?
Let’s have a look at a clip. I am intrigued.

Hi Michael,

merry christmas :slight_smile:

I’m uploading video files, is a bit long.

Anyway you can access the last logs here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FHg7O1vMXocsaee2-M90HXXFP_5__QfX?usp=sharing

The oldest one is the one that bot was going sleep at the end of the session.
The most recent one is the one setted to 5% load hold.

Seems that the bot times out or something similar before the full cargo.
If I set it with max load hold at 5% it seems to work, with difficulty in station selection, but it works in the major of the cases. If I set the load hold to 95%, for example, it reaches full capacity and stays still.
I honestly don’t understand it.
In any case, I remain of the opinion that, if the station were selected from the overview as for the asteroids it would be much more stable.

Thanks

Hello Gerald,

I see the video file.
In the video file ‘Eve Online 2022.12.25 - 18.49.23.06.mp4’ there was no bot running. There was not even an instance of the BotLab client. The solution in this case is to start a play session with a bot.

The most recent one I see in the linked google drive is called ‘session-recording-2022-12-25T18-44-06’
But that seems not to be the one you had in mind.
Session-2022-12-25T18-44-06 had the mining hold limit set to 10 %.
In event 781, we can see the bot still continues mining and is currently approaching the next asteroid. Below is the status text of the same event:

Session performance: times unloaded: 2, volume unloaded / m³: 1804
---
Current reading: mining hold filled 0%. Shield HP at 100%. Found 2 mining modules. I do not see the drones window.
+ I see ship UI and overview, undocking complete.
++ The mining hold is not yet filled 10%. Get more ore.
+++ I see no locked target.
++++ Choosing asteroid 'Asteroid (Veldspar)'
+++++ Object is not in range (22000 meters away). Approach.
++++++ I see we already approach.
+++++++ Wait for progress in game
----
[...]

The recording ends in event 781.
Looking at this recording, the unloading of the ore succeeded every time. Did you intervene manually for the traveling to the station?
In event 607, we see the bot successfully opened the surroundings menu. So the occlusion of the button, as seen in the earlier session, was not the problem here.
But something strange happens between event 607 and event 613. It somehow failed there, and had to repeat using that menu to succeeed. I will take a closer there.
Overall the findings from the recording seem to match your summery here:

I like that idea :+1: Then let’s take that route instead.
The bot uses the overview when you set your game client up so that the station is visible in the overview.
When you look into event 604, you see that the station you selected in settings was not visible in the overview. Here is a list of the overview entries visible in event 604:

Distance	Name	Type	Size	Velocity (m/s)	Angular Velocity (r/s)
6,2 AU	Penirgman V - Moon 3	Moon	400 km		
6,2 AU	Penirgman V - Asteroid Belt 1	Asteroid Belt	2 m		
7,4 AU	Penirgman - Star	Sun K5 (Orange Bright)	390.600 km		
7,6 AU	Customs Office (Penirgman I) [Red Fang Holding INC]	Customs Office	16 km		
7,6 AU	Penirgman I	Planet (Barren)	3.520 km		
7,8 AU	Customs Office (Penirgman III) [Red Fang Holding INC]	Customs Office	16 km		
7,8 AU	Penirgman III	Planet (Oceanic)	11.500 km		
7,8 AU	Penirgman III - Moon 1	Moon	300 km		
7,9 AU	Customs Office (Penirgman II) [Red Fang Holding INC]	Customs Office	16 km		
7,9 AU	Penirgman II	Planet (Lava)	5.020 km		
8,3 AU	Penirgman IV - Imperial Armaments Factory	Amarr Industrial Station	49 km		
8,3 AU	Customs Office (Penirgman IV) [Moon 44 Corporation]	Customs Office	16 km		
8,3 AU	Penirgman IV	Planet (Storm)	11.640 km		
8,3 AU	Penirgman IV - Moon 1	Moon	940 km		
15,3 AU	Penirgman VIII - Moon 1	Moon	380 km		
15,3 AU	Penirgman VIII - Asteroid Belt 1	Asteroid Belt	2 m		
15,3 AU	Penirgman VIII	Planet (Temperate)	11.940 km		
15,3 AU	Customs Office (Penirgman VIII) [Red Fang Holding INC]	Customs Office	16 km		
15,3 AU	Chaven	Stargate (Amarr System)	4.946 m		
15,3 AU	Penirgman VIII - Moon 2	Moon	1.620 km		
15,3 AU	Penirgman VIII - Moon 2 - Theology Council Tribunal	Amarr Standard Station	46 km		
18,5 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 12	Moon	2.700 km		
18,5 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 13 - Quafe Company Factory	Gallente Industrial Station	59 km		
18,5 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 13	Moon	3.320 km		
18,5 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 13 - Imperial Armaments Factory	Amarr Industrial Station	49 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Asteroid Belt 2	Asteroid Belt	2 m		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 4	Moon	560 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Quafe Company Factory	Gallente Industrial Station	59 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX	Planet (Gas)	38.060 km		
18,6 AU	Customs Office (Penirgman IX) [Red Fang Holding INC]	Customs Office	16 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 6	Moon	1.140 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 6 - Civic Court Tribunal	Amarr Standard Station	46 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 6 - Quafe Company Factory	Gallente Industrial Station	59 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Asteroid Belt 1	Asteroid Belt	2 m		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 3	Moon	620 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 3 - Ministry of Internal Order Assembly Plant	Amarr Station Military	97 km		
18,6 AU	Ashab	Stargate (Amarr System)	4.946 m		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 1	Moon	440 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 2 - Quafe Company Factory	Gallente Industrial Station	59 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 2	Moon	460 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 2 - Ishukone Corporation Factory	Caldari Administrative Station	103 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 5	Moon	380 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 7	Moon	2.300 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 7 - Modern Finances Depository	Caldari Administrative Station	103 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 8	Moon	4.140 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 9	Moon	3.040 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 11 - Ishukone Corporation Factory	Caldari Administrative Station	103 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 11	Moon	3.160 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Moon 10	Moon	4.980 km		
18,6 AU	Penirgman IX - Asteroid Belt 3	Asteroid Belt	2 m

That recording looks like you set your overview to show moons and planets. Do you need to see the planets in the overview?

In that session, you selected a station at ‘Penirgman V’ (I don’t include the full name here on purpose)
As you can see in this recording of your game client, there was not enough room in the overview to display the station you selected. But there are already two objects close to ‘Penirgman V’ visible in the overview, so you almost have your target setup.
If you remove the planets from the overview, the space will probably be enough to include your station. (Another solution would be to increase the height of the overview window)

1 Like

Since the asteroid filtering feature proved popular, I merged this feature into the main branch of recommended examples:

1 Like