Having issues with the anom bot

Hi Vir, i am having issues with the anom bot, when i start the bot i get

18-44-12 1176 > Started at: 18:44 ; Logout in: 03:04:47 ; Shield.hp: % ; Armor.hp: % ; Hostiles: # Msg : They messed my Armor hp!! ; Rats: ; Drones in space(total): () ; Targets: ; Cargo: 0% ; Offload count (max limit): 0(100) ; NextAct: MainStep
18-44-13 457 Tactical retreat, reason : They messed my Armor hp!!.

i dont know anything about coding so this is well beyond my skill level. can you help?

Sure. First thing we need to know is what bot did you use?

https://forum.botlab.org/t/bot-dfade32f-v-1-1-2-this-bot-ratting-anomaly-and-or-asteroids-it-use-tethering-zone-warp-distance-configurable-from/1589

this is the Bot i used. are there more user friendly ones? all i want is to automate ishtar ratting on one character to begin with

1 Like

Maybe one of the other public anomaly ratting bots is easier to set up, I don’t know, there are dozens of versions around.
Since you encounter the problem right at the start, I recommend to compare to this other anomaly ratting bot first:

(Bot ID: EEC1511DE7C3F16A6BAA6F79C805C38EAC1B7DDC)

What result do you get with that one?

so using the one you just linked, it turns the bot on, however nothing happens in game and doesnt return a error in the sanderling client

What is in the bot log then?

19-11-45 Bot operation started in session c470481ce82ffcd2.
19-11-45 status transition from None to Running.

thats all it states, nothing happens in client. just sitting on teather, no mods activated

1 Like

Ok, that is good to know.
I am looking on GitHub to find another anomaly ratting bot which could work better.

Im sorry for the trouble, i know nothing about Coding and i thought this bot was plug and play. i dont see any video for window placements, requirements for module positioning, overview etc…

No problem, it often only takes trying a few different bots and reading the instructions to find something that works.

I have also not seen a video about the setup of an anomaly ratting bot.
For now, it seems investing some time in testing and reading is required.

Also @kaboonus, the author of several anomaly ratting bots is often around and answers questions about the bots.

I found one other anomaly ratting bot which I recommend to try:

(Bot ID: CDB1C95175E4C8861F79B5F1A19B0AACFC829A3B)

What log messages do you get with that one?

Are there any Carrier ratting bots out there? will these bots work with a carrier?

Or would using a carrier be out of the scope of a bot?

Hello and welcome on our forum; sorry for delay, lastly i didnt had the time even to open the computer.
so, let’s begin with answers:

No, this bots doesnt work with cariers/fighters drones. The scripts are designed to use a vexor … or with some modifications with ishtar

there si no videos of how to setup my bots, but you have plenty of infos of how to do that.
Since my scripts are based on sample scripts, and I explained plenty times about how to setup the bot and windows ingame, I find puting a video is perturbing , because the are no “fixed rules”, the scrips are evolved in time, added new features, taking out other features; etc.
a short briefing about all things( from memory):

for Modules: set do not show the passives module, show tooltips of module.
windows: local chat it have to be single, like drones window, and probe scan window. do not stack the overview… make them big enough to see all things inside them.

Local chat: if you have in your system more peoples than you can see all in the list, then is better to change the system, simply because you wont see if a red is coming.

seting the overview:
make a combat tab named combat with: reds, collydable objects, non empty wrecks( so you wont have an scrolling overview
make a looting tab named colly . the difference from combat tab is all wrecks( to see all of them)
inside drones window put all combat drones in heavy folder. and if you use salvage drones, make a folder for them
you have to read the post for anomaly ratting bot and garbage post. there i explained more detailed, and also you can see how the script evolved, to learn how to set the bot
a good bot for start, without too many setting to do inside the script is (copy the script into your computer, do not load him from web directly)

1 Like

So i’ve got it working, drone aggro sucks! the bot doesnt pull drones in that are taking aggro :confused:

drones aggro is an issue who need humain presence, actually.
if you pull drones back, go to station at any sign of attack, then you will do only that.

that why you have using the painter ( to draw aggro on you)

so if i fit a painter to my ship, the bot will automatically use it?

with garbage script, yes, because is smaller.
The script for anomaly and asteroids, no, it didnt use painter ( if Im not mistake) because there is a limit of filesize. ( and thats why I develloped the garbage script)

1 Like

garbage scrip error in IgnoreAnomalyName

[
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: key\r\n   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)\r\n   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)\r\n   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)\r\n   at Submission#0.<<Initialize>>d__0.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Scripting.ScriptExecutionState.<RunSubmissionsAsync>d__9`1.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Scripting.Script`1.<RunSubmissionsAsync>d__21.MoveNext()\r\n   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---\r\n   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)\r\n   at BotSharp.ScriptRun.ScriptRun.<>c__DisplayClass75_1.<Start>b__3()\r\n   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()\r\n   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()\r\n   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---\r\n   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)\r\n   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait()\r\n   at BotSharp.ScriptRun.ScriptRun.<>c__DisplayClass75_0.<Start>b__4()\r\n---> (Inner Exception #0) System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: key\r\n   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)\r\n   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)\r\n   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)\r\n   at Submission#0.<<Initialize>>d__0.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Scripting.ScriptExecutionState.<RunSubmissionsAsync>d__9`1.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Scripting.Script`1.<RunSubmissionsAsync>d__21.MoveNext()\r\n   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---\r\n   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)\r\n   at BotSharp.ScriptRun.ScriptRun.<>c__DisplayClass75_1.<Start>b__3()\r\n   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()\r\n   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()\r\n---> (Inner Exception #0) System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: key\r\n   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)\r\n   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)\r\n   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)\r\n   at Submission#0.<<Initialize>>d__0.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Scripting.ScriptExecutionState.<RunSubmissionsAsync>d__9`1.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Scripting.Script`1.<RunSubmissionsAsync>d__21.MoveNext()<---\r\n<---\r\n",
]
1 Like

all I can see from your deleted post is at line 118 from Garbage (extended one not commander+loot ) and it is:

string runFromRats = "♦|Titan|Dreadnought|Autothysian";// you run from him
//celestial to orbit

from the undeleted post I can see there is a problem with an dictionary, more precise some value could not be null.

A better idea I can have if you post some lines from the log before the error, to have an ideea where it is the bot at the moment. And the circumstances ingame.
Ignore anomaly name doesn’t create any error , there is same code from 8-9 months and never failed at ignoring anomalies, if you dont touch the code.
if you changed the

string IgnoreAnomalyName = "large|Belt|asteroid|drone|forlorn|rally|sanctum|blood hub|serpentis hub|hidden|port|den";// what anomaly to ignore : haven|Belt|asteroid|drone|forlorn|rally|sanctum|blood hub|serpentis hub|hidden|port|den

please pay attention at | and at the end ";.
If you let
"|large “; you will have a error
likewise for || or end with |”; ( If I remember correctly)

1 Like