Sources for dlls

Hi,

thanks for great job on a bot, impressive!

It seems to me that some sources are missing, e.g. for BotEngine.Interface.dll. Is that so? Is that intentional? Specifically, couldn’t find definition for FromProcessMeasurement template.

Hi,

thanks for great job on a bot, impressive!

Thank you, it is good to see people find it useful.

It seems to me that some sources are missing, e.g. for BotEngine.Interface.dll. Is that so? Is that intentional?

I assume you refer to the repo at https://github.com/Arcitectus/Sanderling

I don’t know why you think there are sources missing. The purpose of the source code is to show how an eve online bot can be build. It does not include all sources of all assemblies which are being consumed in the project. At the moment I have no intention to include the source for the BotEngine.Interface.dll.

Specifically, couldn’t find definition for FromProcessMeasurement template.

Not sure what you mean with ‘template’. This is the source code for the CLR type named ‘FromProcessMeasurement’:

public class FromProcessMeasurement<T> : PropertyGenTimespanInt64<T>{    public readonly int ProcessId;    public readonly Int64? FirstIntegrationTime;    public FromProcessMeasurement()    {    }    public FromProcessMeasurement(       T measurement,       Int64 beginTime,       Int64 endTime,       int processId = 0,       Int64? firstIntegrationTime = null)       :       base(measurement, beginTime, endTime)    {         this.ProcessId = processId;         this.FirstIntegrationTime = firstIntegrationTime;    }}

Maybe, this is also of interest to you: http://forum.botlab.org/thread/sanderling-release-v16-03-04/?order=all#comment-334e169a-3e89-4f2c-9927-a5e301776811

I believe “nicktime” is specifically refering to the fact that some binary dll are provided instead of source code for certain functions within the sanderling framework.  It might help new people discovering the project if you included an overall architecture description on the github so they have an idea of how the bot works.  You can also include some text about the included dll, the fact that the bot required the bot forum to run, perhaps the process of authentication/authorization (your long term goal of this), and the process of posting the raw memory reading to the bot forum for processing.

I think these points are important for people to know.  It can help with the understanding of the public code provided, and give the user additional information that may help them make a decision on whether to use the bot.

Hack

1 Like

I don’t know why you think there are sources missing. The purpose of the source code is to show how an eve online bot can be build. It does not include all sources of all assemblies which are being consumed in the project. At the moment I have no intention to include the source for the BotEngine.Interface.dll.

I see. I’ve decompiled the DLLs but still failed to find the code which parses EVE memory. Could you give me a hint where to look for it?

I believe “nicktime” is specifically refering to the fact that some binary dll are provided instead of source code for certain functions within the sanderling framework.  It might help new people discovering the project if you included an overall architecture description on the github so they have an idea of how the bot works.  You can also include some text about the included dll, the fact that the bot required the bot forum to run, perhaps the process of authentication/authorization (your long term goal of this), and the process of posting the raw memory reading to the bot forum for processing.

Originally I wanted to find out if those sources got missed out by accident or not. I agree though, additional documentation would help.

I see. I’ve decompiled the DLLs but still failed to find the code which parses EVE memory. Could you give me a hint where to look for it?

For C# code which parses EVE memory see the discussion at http://forum.botlab.org/thread/advanced-do-it-yourself-memory-reading-in-eve-online/

There you will also find an explanation of the memory structure being parsed by the offered code.

Ok, thanks.