EVE Online Anomaly Ratting Bot Release

He’s trying to warp on save spot. Local chat is not detected or its enemy in there.

Must be issue with new chat system then? I don’t know how to edit the config file, but I had this working before…

Thanks for fast response though mate <3

fix for local chat detection is posted here:

http://forum.botlab.org/t/adapting-eve-online-memory-reading-for-chat-window

I can’t get this fix to work at all. I try to load the other bot into it but I must be doing someting wrong. Is anyone able to post a quick video on exactly how to do this?

IE. A couple of minutes, from download, to install, to running client?
(It isn’t difficult to edit details out of a video, like system, pilot, local etc - YouTube Link)

same i dont understand how you are supposed to use that “fix”

A-Bot Release v2018-04-04

This release integrates the March 2018 version of Sanderling memory reading. This version is adapted to recent changes in the EVE Online chat window. For more details, see the forum thread at Sanderling App Release March 2018

Thanks to @Anonymous0012, and others who helped testing A-Bot.

You can download the app executable file from

1 Like

Where can I find a list of what modules the bot can use? I am shit at coding and feel like I’m completely lost. It won’t activate Gist booster. Won’t touch T2 XL. I had to manually get the tooltip for the launchers and I’m just generally feeling a bit lost

How can this A Bot be made to orbit enemies while activating afterburner?

Hello! I was wondering if someone could clarify what you do with the config file. I found older mentions of a “bot.config” file confusing, because I wasn’t sure if this is something I create on my own or was meant to be automatically created by the program.

Rip

Or if I needed to make it before I compile. Or if config.cs is what I’m meant to be modifying.

This is my first time ever working with a programming language, and some of the information in this thread seems to be out of date. Sorry if this is obvious.

bot.config.txt (346 Bytes)
delete the .txt extension and you have the bot.config ( actually you have to made yourself)
the ones with // aren’t good ( old tries)

1 Like

Thank you very much! I understand what I was doing wrong now.

Continuing the discussion from Eve Online Anomaly Ratting Bot Release:

i got it but all it does is click on all the modules do does it not works with shield booster vnis?

shields are not implemented on official a-bot

Hi, how do I set the bot to orbit automatically something at 50km?

I’m currently flying a 100mn VNI, but the bot seems to remain statically in the same place 100% of the time.

Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome @TheRat
it seems you use A-bot , to orbit ( and/or add more features) you have to modify the sources and recompile the bot.
An alternative is to use his framework, Sanderling and the scripts found at Gift Anomaly Ratting salvAGE Bot with Sanderling - GARBAGE-2 and measuring his efficiency
or Ratting bot: anomaly and/or asteroids with Sanderling - #84 by kaboonus

1 Like

My eve.exe doesn’t show up in the list of processes in “Interface” for the Sanderlings and Sanderlings-Abot client. Do you know why?

The guide for the new version working with the 64-bit EVE Online client is now at https://to.botlab.org/guide/app/eve-online-combat-anomaly-bot

Not sure if you’re looking for feedback regarding the Ratting Bot, but I’ll post some here anyway for maybe some future modernization of it :slightly_smiling_face:

• Ignore Anomaly with friendlies in them, only check at the start though.

• Use keybinds for Drone control (Shift+F = launch Drones - F = Drones attack Target - Shift+R = Return Drones to bay.)

• Use Keybinds for Targeting (Ctrl+click target in overview)

• Instead of using logic to determine distance of targets and targeting them in order of closest->furthest. Bot should target and kill from the TOP of the list down. This allows control of priorities the player(us) can provide to the bot. Such as sort by Smallest->largest target, or sort by Distance. - with this logic Bot should also orbit the LAST npc in the list (so orbit command does not need to be needlessly repeated throughout kills.

• return drones being damage (watch drone HP, return singular drone when damage is being taken, ANY damage at all.) - Check that 5/5 drones are launched intermittently and relaunch to ensure 5/5 drones always on field.

• bot should periodically when in combat use the “engage target” or (F keybind) to ensure drones are on the correct target.

• add “warp at x range” functionality.

1 Like

Welcome back, and thank you for sharing your ideas!

I see many anomaly-ratting bots already do it this way today. One of them is 549427189f.
549427189f and others have a memory for each anomaly. (Besides remembering other pilots on arrival, this memory is also what allows you to configure to avoid selected types of rats that you deem too dangerous)

Automatically detects if another pilot is in an anomaly on arrival and switches to another anomaly if necessary.

Let me know if you discover a case where this does not work.

If these worked in general, it would be easy to add. What if the game client is configured differently?

Since nobody objected to this for days, I am inclined to integrate that into an example. How would you rank the entries when they are distributed over multiple overview windows?
(Then you have more than one list.)

You can use this today with the warp-to-anomaly-distance setting in 549427189f:

1 Like

To answer this I’ll apologize for not using the latest combat anomaly version, I was using an outdated one. I will update, test and advise if I have any issues :slight_smile:

I think this is a more behavioral (personal) issue than a technical one, an issue that generally shouldn’t occur when botting, though I understand your desire to program around the lowest common denominator. Such as someone switching on a bot on their main PC/Client, using the same overview and game settings as they would when playing the game normally. Although I cannot speak for them I believe that the majority of botters (even amateurs) separate their sessions or clients/settings depending on when they are playing normally or botting. This was traditionally done via Virtual Machines but has now since evolved to technologies such as RDP Wrappers (much lighter, easier to setup)

If anyone reading this does just turn their bots on using their normal day to day clients please chime in I’d love to know if that’s how they’re run.

I digress, lets assume we need to work around this, time to circle back to the original question, how would I rank entries when they are distributed over multiple overview windows? I would stand by my original statement of TOP to BOTTOM, or overview window 1, then 2 etc. If you are prioritizing windows based on location I would go top right 1 always. There isn’t a need to show npc rats on multiple overview windows at once so this case shouldn’t be occurring.

Although I do touch on this regarding the behavioral or personal setups of EVE Clients and how people bot. I would understand your hesitation to implement keyboard shortcuts to your bot for this issue. I would simply add to your guide “use default keyboard shortcuts.”

BUT hear me out, I have seen the bot bug out a few times when trying to navigate the right-click menu, both in the Drones window and the Overview, manual intervention is required occasionally to fix these issues and I have lost ships during my limit uses (because the bot does not see past getting stuck in context menus.)

Keyboard shortcuts would half the required inputs for most actions (engage with drones, return drones, launch drones, target npc.)

Thank you for taking your time with this Michael I appreciate it, the bot functions almost as well as I’d love one too. Keen to see changes for the better and to fine-tune what you have here :slight_smile:

1 Like