EVE Online Anomaly Ratting Bot Release

Also - I am using non drone ship ?
Does that matter?

Not really, as i know.

Try to read this post, maybe it will help: (RetreatOnNeutralOrHostileInLocal setting in config file?)

Thank you.
I need like a copy /paste for my config file if that´s possible ?

Welcome ivar85!

Yes, this matters. When your char is not in highec, the bot warps to the safespot when multiple neutrals are visible in the local chat.

As far as I see, this explains your observations of the bots behaviour.

Let me know in case you see something else unexpected.

As a side note, the behaviour described above is coded at the following location:

Thank you for your replay.
I did send you PM if that´s ok

The screenshot you linked actually shows behaviour which surprises me.

To understand what is happening, I also need the memory contents of the eve online process, since this is what the bot is actually looking at.
You can record the memory contents using the following guide:

Could anyone recommend a good build for this ?

Good evening … I’m trying to use this bot with a Machariel in the Guristas Sanctum anomaly, but I’m having difficulties with the frigates.

Could someone help me with a bot fit for this anomaly and tell me if they have how to put the bot to give priority in killing the smaller ships (frigates)?

Fix: Use a Raven bro.

Hello, I’ve read through the thread and tried it.
It would be awesome if this could support orbiting an object and activating a Afterburner or MWD.
An VNI is a low entry ship that handles many of the sites but needs speed tanking to pull off, I tried looking at the programming but it’s just not my forte…

Basically all it would need to do was,
1 ) warp to a site at say 30km (player set default warp entry to handle that part)
2 ) Orbit an object
3 Activate Afterburner/MWD and any other modules needed.
4) Drop drones.
5) The handling of a retreat would be to align to safespot/station while recalling drones, and deactivate the speed module after 10 secs or so, wait maybe another 5 secs then initiate warp.

And that’s it!
Is there anyway to add support for this to allow a wider selection of ships and setups?

Hello @Fuzzy,
thank you for the feedback.

Sounds like you can do this using the configuration option ModuleActivePermanentSetTitlePattern.
See the following example configuration to activate modules:

{
  "RetreatBookmark" : "HOME"

"ModuleActivePermanentSetTitlePattern": [
    "Kinetic Deflection Field II",
    "Medium Armor Repairer II",
    "100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner"
  ]
}

One way to achieve this is to take the existing code from GitHub - botengine-de/A-Bot: EVE Online anomaly ratting bot based on the Sanderling framework and modify that.

Thank you for the response @Viir.
I just don’t know programming and wouldn’t know what to do with this or how to modify it sadly.

Just to clarify, you have modules that are always active like armor/shield hardeners+reppers and ones that are only active after you warp to a new site example Afterburners.

Hi again,

I’ve fiddled a little with it and understand that it’s going (for me with zero programming experience) to take a really long time get anywhere with this.

Since there has been a few posts(obviously more knowledgeable in this area than me) mentioning that it is possible to add orbit support. Is there any chance that someone could pretty please add this?

The simplest of solution to get it working would be awesome, just selecting a collidable entity from the overview and clicking the orbit button should suffice.
This would be a tremendous buff to the survivability of the bot and support more ships and setups.

My old code:

// our speed
    var speedMilli = bot?.MemoryMeasurementAtTime?.Value?.ShipUi?.SpeedMilli;

// asteroids. They should be shown in overview. If you want orbit "collidable entity" replace the word "asteroid" with a word from the column type
    var asteroids = memoryMeasurement?.WindowOverview?.FirstOrDefault()?.ListView?.Entry
                    ?.Where(entry => entry?.Name?.RegexMatchSuccessIgnoreCase("asteroid") ?? false)
                    ?.OrderBy(entry => entry?.DistanceMax ?? int.MaxValue)
                    ?.ToArray();
    // if we not warp and our speed < 20 m/s then try orbit 10 km
    if (speedMilli < 20000)
                    yield return asteroids.FirstOrDefault().ClickMenuEntryByRegexPattern(bot, "Orbit", "10 km");
    //Looking for Afterburner module
    var moduleAB = memoryMeasurementAccu?.ShipUiModule?.Where(module => module?.TooltipLast?.Value?.LabelText?.Any(
                    label => label?.Text?.RegexMatchSuccess("Afterburner", System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexOptions.IgnoreCase) ?? false)?? false);
    //turn it on 
    if  (moduleAB != null)
                    yield return bot.EnsureIsActive(moduleAB);

Insert this code here.
It was working one year ago. Anyway, goodluck.

PS: i dont remember what tag used for formating code in this forum :confused:

1 Like

Hi Folks,

new to this bot and never use this platform bot before. after I follow the instruction of how to use it, i found after I start the bot in BOT section, i didn’t find any field that i can set the configuration like which anomaly I take… the only message I got from that section shows below. i see the hint to tell me to set the configuration but where? thanks in advance!!

2 s ago at 9:53:28 AM

Diagnostic: “warning: no configuration supplied.”(BotTask->BotTask->DiagnosticTask)
Motion(BotTask->SaveShipTask->RetreatTask->MenuPathTask)

Welcome @windpower,

thank you for the feedback.

The bot automatically takes all the combat anomalies. displayed in the eve online client. This works automatically, so you don’t need to make any changes.

In your case, this message from the bot is not indicating a problem. The bot works without that configuration file using default settings.

Note to dev

Afair, purpose of that warning message windpower is seeing was to ensure that a user who supplies a configuration file knows if the configuration was successfully picked up by the bot. (What could go wrong? → Misspelled filename/path, failed parsing because of JSON syntax error)

The number of people reporting seeing this indicates that this message is too prominent and at least UI should be adapted here.

@Viir Would you be able to build a version with the changes from @Terpla included?
I’m really excited to see if this work :grin:
My only concern is how to handle the naming of the object to orbit as in my case its Broken Orange Crystal Asteroids -
“Broken”, is it possible to add this variable to the config file so its easier to adjust per user or even when changing space (who ever does that, different characters maybe)

Hi Viir,

Many thanks for your feedback on this. 2 questions regarding on this.

1. if I only want to play on some specific anomalies, how can I do that? can I set the name for this program to only wrap into this?

2. I see you mentioned configuration file. If I want to set my configuration, how can I do that?

3. Since I use VNI, normally, I will wrap to the anomalies within 50KM then orbit one subject for 30KM… can the programm do that as I want? if not, where I can set it?

Thanks!

Hi @windpower,

The bot does not currently support orbiting out of the box, I’m hoping someone can add support for this.

You can select the anomalies you want and ignore the rest, you select all the ones you dont want in-game by SHIFT+Left click and right click and select “ignore results”

Regarding the config file I think this is explained further up, you should have read through the thread already though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Fuzzy,

Many thanks for your reply. Regarding for the orbit object, what’s the logic it orbit? Can I set the name of the object it will orbit? What’s the default set for the program? Thanks!!