A-Bot for Capitals and Motherships

Have you looked at the number of apps and utilities that use the same API very often? It’d be a drop in the bucket and not found unless you do something stupid like do an insane amount of queries…

@Master I agree with you on keeping cutting edge and identifiable code to yourself. It is SO HARD, though!

Have you managed to figure out if the carrier is selected (with blue halo around it)? I’m stuck on this one.

Also, not to be negative, but have you considered the effects to Eve’s economy to making such a bot available to the public? If hundreds of people start running multiboxed carriers for 12+ hours a day (far beyond what the vast majority of human players could sustain), the ISK inflation could spiral out of control, or more accurately, trigger a severe crackdown on bots from CCP. I would encourage you to consider this when thinking about releasing your own carrier bot.

About the selection, you don’t need have the capital selected, but you need check the selection states of the squadrons, we made an entire squadronService wich contains all various check and function about squadrons.

Example:

1. Fighter take damage → Bot detect it and go to recall the single squadron and deselect it from the selection
  2. Try to activate the 2nd bonus on the squadron recalled
  3. Everytime the bot have to shoot to any targhet the bot logic count how many squadrons are avaible, then count how many of them are in space with the status different then “Returning” if the for example the count was: 3 avaiable, 3 in space, 1 in returning, 1 selected, he go to select the squadron not actually selected and then go to shoot.

Actually the only “big” issue for us is the fill up the fighter into squadron if some fighter die, this because I can identify the max squadron quantity and the current quantity into launch tube, but we miss into memory structure the “ListTree” with buttons into fighter bay.

Actually Im studying if I can ovveride it in a different way because for fillup the fighter need a simple drag and drop from the FighterBay (cargo) to the FigtherBay (ListTree with buttons).

But Im still working on it

@AbbadonDespoiler

I can say in 1 day of activity splitted in 2 real days, the bot done 1bilion, with a simple carrier… do you think I not know the inflation this action will make if I release it?

The issue is that, if I release in public, the CCP will focused to identify how it work, probably they will use it too for understand how I manage all the shit.

For this I don’t want open the repository to anybody and if I will release it will be in “selection”, else… all this can be a very hard impact into the game economy to move the Security Team on “us” and this is what I want avoid, for example… I NOT encourage anybody to use a bot more then 7h per day, and one bot like mine, can make too much eyes on him, so I say everytime to use it only when you are really on PC and you can keep eyes on it, not only for the security stuff, but because we are using ship of 4bil/25bil to make money, so can be a good idea run it in splitted hours like if you are in office 4h and then 4h then run it all day…

@Master make some very valid points here along with @AbbadonDespoiler about the economy.
It is really exciting to see how you guys solve the problems though, keep up the good work!

@Huntarr Just a word of caution, CCP is monitoring the market extra closely just so you know. If you do go for a marked bot randomize it both in the workflow and delays between actions at a minimum. Wait periods should also be considered over extended time periods.

What’s funny is that this is easy with autohotkey.

@Innominate

Yep but I think I found another way, maybe I can use the “Sprite” they are already into the memorystructure, but I have to do some test :slight_smile:

However today I did a different test, I tryied to build a different CombatTask for subcapitals, to see how the bot run without manage the fighters, and damn with a 100mn tengu cap stable run very very very fast, the only problem is to have an amount of missile infinite in station LOL xD

@Fuzzy yeah my trader bot only trades for 4 consecutive hours, then takes atleast 2-4 hours of ‘time off’. I just need to figure out a way to make it actually log off and log back in.

At most I want it to be able to run 8 hours, spread over a 16 hour ‘awake’ period, so that would be 2 hours on, 2 hours off, or any number of possible configurations. Next to that, it randomizes tasks appropriately (If it’s busy updating sell orders, nothing interferes. If updating buy orders, whenever the wallet sees a big decrease of value it probably means it can set up a good sell order, so that may interfere)

Besides, using the API is anonymously done, I might set up a small VPS to run just that task and let the bots communicate with that VPS to pull in the latest data.

@Huntarr

for the login/logoff and launch bot you can use AHK

@Fuzzy

To explain very well “why innerspace is more better then a Virtual Machine” I would write too much, it’s more easy say: “is more light then a Virtual Machine, innerspace not consume the same memory then a virtual machine, innerspace not required an graphic card virtualization (avoid screen-lag) and more”

However I wanted say to everyone, included @SuicidalPilot I tested my A-Bot version with the RDP Wrapper, too see how everything run, and atm if I have to say to someone a way to multibox with a BOT my advice would be:

1. Innerspace
  2. RDP Wrapper
  3. Virtual Machine (VmWare or VirtualBox) → This only if your PC have a very good amount of ram to dedicate on it, another advice about Virtual Machine is separate the Thread (advance advice only for expert if the VM are more then 1).

For this reason however my A-Bot will be always usable under Windows (RDP Wrapper, VM, Single instance on main) but will make working under innerspace too.

The only stuff atm make us a little bit of trouble is the UI, everything atm is done by code, nothing is customizable by the UI, I will try to work on it after the Refill fighters function.

How well does this program masquerade your computer? (Innerspace)
With VmWare I have a positive experience.
RDP Wrapper does not mask at all.

@Terpla

If u want a full “masquerade” you have to make your own custom eve client launcher, this is the only way, and this can work with all way to multibox.

But this isn’t the right thread to speak about all that, masuqerade everything for more chars can be a good idea how can be a bad idea, everything depend on “why I botting?”.

I try explain better, if you botting for make real money so the RMT is ur business you have mandatory masquerade everything, this because if ccp will ban you, they will ban one, two but not all your chars.

If you are botting to make in-game money to pay the subscription and ships, you not need masquerade everything, you have only bot with sense and logic.

Hello i keep getting this error 1 s ago at 07:35:09

Diagnostic: “warning: no configuration supplied.”(BotTask->BotTask->DiagnosticTask)
Motion(BotTask->UndockTask) how do i fix it? i am in a carrier

Edit:GitHub - botengine-de/A-Bot: EVE Online anomaly ratting bot based on the Sanderling framework this is not the bot for caps is it?

You should create config file.

Not really. This is a universal bot. You can add functionality yourself, but out of the box with the capital ships it does not work.

oh fair enought, since i have no idea how to do that i guess this is nothing for me

Where can this modified bot be downloaded?

you cannot and never will be.
@Master did a great job talking a lot of BS but really doesn’t seem to have any clue of what he is really talking about. This is really what i hate about the internet sometimes, little kids pretending.

Anyhow this was some nice amusement reading this whole topic :smiley:

Fuzzy i really like your attitute man :wink:
@Terpla you should stop trying to discuss coding questions with the OP because he clearly has no idea

Hello @OneNonlyNova,

I know personally that @master actually knows what he is talking about :wink:
The question remains if we as in the ones outside of the project group working on this are ever going to see it.
It is their final say regardless.

I don’t think @Terpla or anyone else should stop giving pointers as to how to solve problems, if questioner don’t understand they can simply say so and very often an explanation is given, in details on how to procede.
There are many developers here that donate allot of their time and knowledge answering questions, we should be grateful for that!
And not point fingers when they don’t hand out cookies, the attitude is that if you want to learn, you’ve come to the right place! If you are expecting an hand-out you will however be disappointed.

Stay civilized and be respectful.

Hey @Fuzzy, maybe my response sounded a bit more rude than it was intended. I’ve got no direct interest in this bot whatsoever i was just curious what people are talking about and coding here as i’m a full time developer myself. After reading a couple topics here for about two hours i was just sick of this behavior of the OP here. And having worked with and on a lot of open source projects i always get very frustrated when i see people abuse the knowlage and good will of others.
hope that clears it up a bit. And my post should also not be interpreted as an attack or hostility but as my honest opinion.