EVE Online Anomaly Ratting Bot Release

it should be left mouse button and thanks

Why do you think so? The code at A-Bot/src/Sanderling.ABot/Parse/ParseStatic.cs at b154fbf854a783c8f0a85bb22a48a98f5c7e7cdf ¡ botengine-de/A-Bot ¡ GitHub defines the regex pattern @"warp.*within.*m" to pick a suitable menu entry to click when navigating trough the menu for the retreat task. Did this pattern not match with your setup?

Hello @mittens, this commit should fix the error: Fix ArgumentNullException: filter out pattern string with value null. ¡ botengine-de/A-Bot@d778eb9 ¡ GitHub

I must have missread lines 26-28 of Retreat.cs

My bad.

I’m kinda stuck at the moment trying to figure out how to make the bot orbit (at default orbit) the current target. Any hints ?

The bot uses the game UI to issue such commands, so first step would be to figure out a way how this could be done using mouse or keyboard input.

What about using the contextmenu on the target or an overview entry representing the same object? Is there no entry in this menu to issue the orbit command?

To get a reference to the current target, try this expression:

memoryMeasurement?.Target?.FirstOrDefault(target => target?.IsSelected ?? false)

In case you can take dependency on the keyboard configuration, using key input will probably be the easiest way. For example if you have configured the ‘W’ key for orbit, it could be implemented like this:

yield return new BotTask { Motion = MotionParamExtension.KeyboardPress((VirtualKeyCode)'W') };

That BotTask would just press ‘w’ key, right? Orbit (align, approach, jump/dock) keys doesn’t work that way. You need to hold it while clicking the target.

I see, that is slightly different from the example from EVE Online Anomaly Ratting Bot Release - #81 by Viir

var orbitKeyCode = (VirtualKeyCode)'W';
var currentTarget = memoryMeasurement?.Target?.FirstOrDefault(target => target?.IsSelected ?? false);

yield return new BotTask
{
	Component = new[]
	{
		MotionParamExtension.KeyDown(orbitKeyCode),
		currentTarget.MouseClick(MouseButtonIdEnum.Left),
		MotionParamExtension.KeyUp(orbitKeyCode)
	}
	.Select(motion => new BotTask { Motion = motion })
};

I tried this with the var above and below overviewEntryLockTarget. Ctrl is pressed but it hangs (dosent get to the KeyUp function due to overviewEntryLockTarget.MouseClick(MouseButtonIdEnum.Left), failing. I tried Enum.Left) and .Right… But that didnt work… Apparently without overviewEntryLockTarget.ClickMenuEntryByRegexPattern the mouse wont click anything in the overview…

yield return new BotTask
{
Component = new[]
{
MotionParamExtension.KeyDown(lockTargetKeyCode),
overviewEntryLockTarget.MouseClick(MouseButtonIdEnum.Right),
MotionParamExtension.KeyUp(lockTargetKeyCode)
}
};
[/quote]

var lockTargetKeyCode = VirtualKeyCode.LCONTROL;

var overviewEntryLockTarget =
				listOverviewEntryToAttack?.FirstOrDefault(entry => !((entry?.MeTargeted ?? false) || (entry?.MeTargeting ?? false)));

if (null != overviewEntryLockTarget && !(TargetCountMax <= memoryMeasurement?.Target?.Length))
                yield return new BotTask
                {
                    Component = new[]
                    {
                         MotionParamExtension.KeyDown(lockTargetKeyCode),
                         overviewEntryLockTarget.MouseClick(MouseButtonIdEnum.Left),
                         MotionParamExtension.KeyUp(lockTargetKeyCode)
                    }
                };

if (!(0 < listOverviewEntryToAttack?.Length))

Awesome work! Thanks for making this available.

When using the .exe from github I couldn’t get the bot to run – it didn’t automatically create a bot.config file. So after looking around the forum a bit I came up with this bot.config. Now the bot runs, but automatically docks up in the local station, even though there are only alliance members in local. Any suggestions on what to do? Anyone have a good example bot.config file?

i dont beleive the anom name is part of the master branch

this one works

{
“RetreatBookmark” : “XI - XX XXXXXXXX”,
“ModuleActivePermanentSetTitlePattern”: [
“Sensor Booster II”,
“Shield Booster II”
]
}
So try

{
“RetreatBookmark” : “XI - XX XXXXXXXX”,
“ModuleActivePermanentSetTitlePattern”: [
“100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner”
]
}

Thanks for the quick response! I’ve got my bot.config updated to remove the anom name part. Now when I start the bot I get the message in the bot window “Motion(BotTask->SaveShipTask->RetreatTask->MenuPathTask)”. Then the bot has me dock up and sit in station. There are others in local but they are all in my alliance. I added my alliance to my contacts list with +10.0 standing. Any ideas on what I’m missing?

Thanks

intel channels and that need to be minimized most likely or like in my case i have show members turned off and only text showing… I would suggest trying it with other channels minimized if that works then do as i do and reove speakers/members show only text etc

Yes, the latest release does not contain the addition to consider the icon hint for alliance members. See https://github.com/botengine-de/A-Bot/commit/99be82d9824e6c3649a035bceede7e5e3e589cf0

How does overviewEntryLockTarget.MouseClick(MouseButtonIdEnum.Left) fail?
Is an error message displayed?

@OnlyForAFriend in overview settings in appearance i believe it is move the Blue + to the top this should cover alliance members if not move the light Blue + to the top. If this still dosent work change the light blue + to Blue.

I will have to capture Error message . then repost it. No errors… it says Motion(BotTask->CombatTask->BotTask->BotTask) and never changes

Thanks for the help all! I got the most up-to-date source code and built it. Will be nice to make my own tweaks!

What ships do people like to fly with the bot?

CANT GO WRONG WITH A TENGU. but it depends what space your in. i like bhalgorns machariels rattlesnakes vindicators ishtars/proteus. I used to rat in carriers but they warp too slow so you can make more isk in a bs etc. Tengus are the most versatile ratting ship tho. they can rat in anybody’s space.

Does the bot do well with drones out of the box? Not a lot of enemies come in local so it’s hard to test how well the bot does at pulling drones back before warping off. Any recommendations on a minimum amount of tank? Should fits be cap stable?

Thanks for answering my noob questions!

Followup question – Would a ship like a Machariel be able to tank a sanctum-level anomaly?

machariels can tank sanctums but not with most bots. it relies more on its dps and abilty to kill shit fast as its tank more or less. You have to kite when damage is too high. the bot will most likely get u a dead machariel